Sunday, September 24, 2017

145,000 READERS

THIS BLOG HAS POSTED THE EQUIVALENT OF 4 FULL BOOKS WORTH OF TEXT



For more than seven years, we have posted almost daily.

There are far more than 1,600 stories in the archives.

Almost all of the text is original.

A great deal -- everything from disability advocacy to humor pieces to music reviews -- have come from my wife, Heidi Johnson-Wright.

More than 90% of the photos are ones I've taken in South America, Europe, Asia and beyond.

Speaking of photos, the two on this post are self portraits.

The top one is more experimental.

That's me, on a public ferry on the Golden Horn in Istanbul.

I'm shooting into a mirror, hoping to get my ghostly image along with that of a mosque behind me.

The bottom one is more straightforward.

I'm looking into a large mirror on the wall of Topkapi Palace -- also in Istanbul.

Behind me is a clear image of one of the many ornate rooms in the Harem.


No comments:

Post a Comment