Thursday, December 5, 2019

OF ALL THE THINGS IN THE WORLD WE ARE MOST THANKFUL FOR...

IT IS HAVING FRIENDS LIKE ENRIQUE CARRILLO



I met Enrique in the mid-2000s when I was the Senior Urban Policy Advisor for a Miami City Commissioner that represented Little Havana and he was working with a media-marketing group. 

His firm was working with General Mills on a campaign to introduce more healthy eating habits to the Hispanic Community. 

An art contest for youth was associated with the campaign as it touched down in Miami. 

The event, which my boss presided over, earned some positive media for both my elected official and Enrique's national client. 

Being a kid from Ohio, whose espanol was really horrible back then, I relied on Enrique's good counsel through every step.

I remember by boss and his chief of staff being very impressed with my organizational and media skills. 

Truth be told, I got out of the way and simply said "okay" to every brilliant, innovative, efficient and time-saving suggestion that Enrique came up with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment