Saturday, January 29, 2022

HONORED TO ADVOCATE FOR UNIVERSAL DESIGN

THANKS TO KENT STATE UNIVERSITY FOR FEATURING MY WORK

I am honored to share my story of using my communication skills to advocate for Universal Design in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Design, Public Policy, Mobility, Transit, Landscape Architecture and more.

I appreciate it that Jargon, the digital publication of Kent’s School of Media and Journalism, published my essay on activism and pro-bono work on diversity, equity and inclusion – through the lens of wheelchair access.

The full essay – with an inset piece on proper language for writing about people with disabilities, is here:

https://www.kent.edu/mdj/news/kent-where-lifetime-passionate-storytelling-and-advocacy-people-disabilities-was-born-and







No comments:

Post a Comment