Tuesday, January 24, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S -- part 3


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season

I quickly found Silvia's add for a room in Key West.

I emailed her and she provided outstanding details -- that she is not in the historic, walkable Old Town area, but that her locale a couple miles from the center allowed her to charge less.

She also reminded me that there is a bus route into Old Town Key West, that the center is quite bikeable from her abode and that there also are shuttle trolleys nearby.
None of that mattered to me as I would be driving down from Miami in my own car and I knew the places to park for a discount near Old Town.

Basically, all I wanted was a very clean and quiet place to be 6 or 7 hours of sleep before rising pre-dawn the next day to catch the ferry to the Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson National Park.

Silvia understood and I liked her price point of $120 out the door (including the reasonable $13 airbnb fee).

She even understood that I needed her to hold her room for an hour while I booked the non refundable $169 round trip ferry trip.

I booked the trip for a Friday, booked with Silvia to sleep at her condo the Thursday evening before -- inking all deals the Wednesday before my drive.

1 comment:

  1. I would be driving down from Miami in my own automobile & I knew the places to park for a discount near Elderly Town.

    barnet taxis

    ReplyDelete