Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I TURN 55 TODAY

TIME FOR A LITTLE REINVENTION



When I graduated from Kent State University Journalism School in 1987, I figured I’d land a job at a major daily newspaper as a reporter and spend the next half century writing about important issues that impact my community.

Then in 2000, we decided to move to Miami and I became a public servant, working nearly a decade as the senior policy advisor to the Chairman of the Miami City Commission.

Next came an opportunity to work in marketing communications for top Magic City firms that specialized in Urban Design, Town Planning, Architecture and Mobility Engineering.

My three-plus decades of award-winning work has had two common themes: storytelling and making the world a better place to live.

So my goal is to spend the next decade or more of my life working as a storyteller for non-profit, for profit, academic and community-based businesses and organizations that help people.

While I expect to still do a lot of storytelling for planners, designers and those who improve our built environment, I also want to focus on helping groups and individuals that fight for the rights of people with disabilities.

My expertise in Universal Design, Inclusive Mobility and Caregiving is a perfect match to working toward true social equity for the one billion people with disabilities worldwide.

I also would like to assist – with grant writing, newsletter creation, website content and other storytelling for organizations that advocate for animal rights and welfare – especially cats.

A rescue cat adopted us nearly six years ago and our lives have been joyful and complete since we became guardians of HoneyBear the Siamese rescue cat.

I am excited about the opportunities.





No comments:

Post a Comment