Thursday, November 17, 2022

LEONARD MAYBERRY’S PATHWAYS

TO (SELF) EMPLOYMENT



Leonard Mayberry said the Pathways to Employment team and peers have helped him persevere.

Mayberry credits Rafferty Laredo, United Spinal’s former Houston chapter president, who he met at an Abilities Expo, with fueling his entrepreneurial spirit. 

Mayberry will continue to reach out via the Pathways virtual social hour for support as he explores grants, low interest loans and other support for a small business launch.

“United Spinal, I credit them with getting the ADA laws in place and pushing to protect rights of people with disabilities.

I didn’t know anything about ADA when I got injured. 

Now, I have [United Spinal] telling me about accommodations, saying they have to accommodate me through this process of getting a CDL, a DOT number and getting through the red tape,” he said, referring to the Pathways to Employment live chats.


No comments:

Post a Comment