Monday, November 20, 2023

5 WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL PROS

SHARE THEIR BEST “HACKS”


Sylvia Longmire 
Hack 1: An extension cord, duct tape and zip ties.

“I always travel with an extension cord, duct tape and zip ties,” says Sylvia. 

No, not because she’s a secret agent (that we know of). 

This is a completely practical kit for any world traveler.

Zip-ties attach belongings to nightstands and keep them within reach. 

An extension cord can charge wheelchair batteries but is also useful in older hotels with few outlets in hard-to-reach spots.

And duct tape is just great.

“I’ve used duct tape to protect part of my wheelchair in flight,” says Sylvia.

“In Toronto, I was promised an accessible room, but the toilet was low to the ground.

 I rolled up a towel, bound it with duct tape and had an instant toilet riser.”


No comments:

Post a Comment