Saturday, April 30, 2022

GROWING STRONGER TOGETHER

 ON THE FRONTLINES OF CAREGIVING


I think I put stress on myself to the point where if my wife is having a flare up, or is in a brain fog because she’s devoting all mental energy into mustering enough white noise to drown out gnawing pain –

I start to almost (and quite foolishly) feel resentful when she is not appreciating my best efforts.

I also got good (I say with all irony) at fighting battles my wife has no desire to enter. 

I’m the hulking beast (used to weigh 310, now around 170) tossing chairs out of our path, leaving a raging note on the car blocking the access aisle of an accessible parking space, turning red faced while scolding a hotel manager for placing us in a room with the opposite of 21st century accessibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment