Monday, July 25, 2022

IN OBSERVANCE OF THE 32ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT

  WE PRESENT: FIVE EPIC ACCESSIBILITY FAILS IN MIAMI



Regulations in a book do little for me.

People cut corners, get lazy, ignore the rules, and fall short of standards. 

When this happens, access and essential mobility for residents who use wheelchairs can become impossible. 

Mayors, commissioners, planning boards, department heads, community leaders, and developers need to make access for all a priority. 

That’s what it takes, and we’re far from being there.

In my opinion, the public and private sector in greater Miami gets a C-minus when it comes to accommodating people with disabilities.

I fully confess that while I care deeply about inclusion for those with visual, hearing, and cognitive impairments, my expertise is through the lens of mobility impairments.

No comments:

Post a Comment