Wednesday, July 13, 2022

SURVIVING CANCER

   RESOURCES FROM WHEELCHAIR USERS WHO ARE                    CURRENTLY BATTLING OR HAVE BEATEN CANCER

Roy’s activism and open sharing about her cancer journey are her coping devices.

She suggests joining SCI/D groups on Facebook and other social media platforms and connecting with survivors and people fighting your specific cancer.

“Staying focused on the gratitude for all the beautiful people in my life, work I am passionate about, and the ability to advocate for improved safety of catheters [is also important].

If I can help someone else prevent bladder cancer, this journey has meaning,” she says.

 “Take friends and family with you to treatment when possible. 

Reconnecting with the people I love has been the silver lining of my bladder cancer diagnosis. 

Work on keeping a positive attitude. Take care of your mental health as well as your physical health.”

No comments:

Post a Comment