Saturday, October 1, 2022

GRATIFIED TO BE A FEATURED SPEAKER -- ON UNIVERSAL DESIGN

AT THE AMERICAN PLANNING ASSOCIATION 

DELAWARE CHAPTER ANNUAL CONFERENCE


My program, with colleagues David Haight and Wiatt Bowers of Atkins, is No Person Left Behind – Truly Inclusive Design.

We presented a similar program – on Universal Design and a better built environment for people with disabilities – in the grand ballroom at the APA national conference in San Diego this spring.

We also highlighted these issues at the Florida APA conference in 2021.

I spoke about how Universal Design is the most inclusive, durable, flexible, sustainable and cost-effective approach to design and design policy – at the International Making Cities Livable Conference in Paris this year.

My award-winning reporting frequently appears in Planning magazine.

My storytelling has advised dozens of clients on diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility – with a focus on creating a better built environment for people with disabilities.

In addition to keynote and major speeches, I share my passion for design for all via the groundbreaking Universal Design course that I created and teach at a major school of architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment