Saturday, December 11, 2021

THUMBS UP TO MARRIOTT’S BRAND OF HIP URBAN HOTEL

REVIEW OF THE MOXY EAST VILLAGE


I stayed five nights for an incredibly low price at the Moxy East Village Hotel in New York.

It’s at a perfect location near Union Square transit + East Village/Lower East side dining, shopping and vibe.  

I slept soundly in a super quiet room.

I can't believe the punk rock-themed hotel -- with a popular rooftop bar and loud music at a nightclub and outdoor dining venue on same block immediately next to property -- was so tranquil and sound proofed. Bravo. 

Room small, but I only needed it for sleep.

Bed was super comfortable.

Had blackout drapes but I enjoyed wall of windows on NYC so much, I left the blinds up. 

Shower is great. No flooding. 

Sink vanity featured lots of room for storage.

I love the pegs on the wall -- I stored a dozen things on them.

Plus, there is under bed storage and locker-like storage above the flat screen TV.

The staff great and the rooftop was a cool amenity for a June visit.

The restaurant looked amazing, but didn't eat at it. 

The little outdoor space on main level was super chill and great for summer. 

Great room design -- everything I needed in less than 200 SF.

The free breakfast in the hip, rock n roll space off the lobby service is great.

I know it is difficult, especially with packaging boxes for the masses, but I wish there were a few more healthy breakfast options -- granola, cereal, more fresh fruit. 

I used to free mini fridge that I requested for storing berries, oat milk, cereal to have healthier options.

Wish wheelchair users didn't have to use an elevator every time they go from street to lobby.

It's good that there is an elevator, but it sucks that in a brand-new building, people with disabilities are segregated from the majority using the steps - and vulnerable if the equipment breaks down.

The safe was not big enough to store my expensive camera. Gotta fix that.

Overall, a grade of A…and I’m hard to please.



No comments:

Post a Comment