Thursday, May 12, 2022

NATALIE BARNHARD: UNITED SPINAL’S 2021 FINN BULLERS ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR

 REALIZING A DREAM FOR IMPROVED REHAB ACCESS

Barnhard noted that Workers Compensation paid for most of her long stay at the Shepherd Center (Spinal Cord & Brain Injury Rehabilitation hospital in Atlanta), but she knows a lot of people do not have the funding for ongoing care and many other essentials such as durable medical equipment.

“My goal is to make changes here in my community. My faith in God has only increased my passion to do this. It has allowed me to be a therapist again. I get to help people again,” she said.

The Motion Project has collaborated with University at Buffalo School of Public Health and Health Professions for research and education in the rehab center.

No comments:

Post a Comment