Friday, May 20, 2022

NATALIE BARNHARD: UNITED SPINAL’S 2021 FINN BULLERS ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR

 REALIZING A DREAM FOR IMPROVED REHAB ACCESS

Barnhard said the work will continue far beyond the opening, as she works to raise funds to create an endowment to cover the costs for everyone to be able to attend as well as pay for and maintain modern equipment and the overall facility.

“My goal is to make changes here in my community. God has only increased my passion is to do this. It has allowed me to be a therapist again. I get to help people again,” she said.

With a Memorandum of Understanding, the center will officially collaborate with the University of Buffalo on research and education. It is partnering with a local trauma hospital to help patients and their families with care navigation, resources and advocacy.

“I don’t know why, but I have been given an opportunity to improve lives,” Barnhard said in a reverent and humble tone. “When you can make positive changes that will create a legacy that last beyond your own life -- that’s profound.”

No comments:

Post a Comment