Monday, May 8, 2017

WORDS OF WISDOM AND PAIN FROM THE STREETS OF NEW ORLEANS


PHOTOGRAPHED ON ST. CLAUDE AVENUE, JUST NORTH OF THE BASCULE BRIDGE


I am a white male, born into every opportunity this land affords.

And I take zero offense at those who call the presidency a white supremacy nation.

I don't know how else to evaluate the vast majority of the GOP -- in the White House, Senate, Congress.

These people were born in to far more wealth and privilege than I ever was. 

And instead of using that natural advantage to level the playing field for those not born with 10 silver spoons, they have ganged up against anyone considered a minority by any definition.

I am sick to my stomach, disgusted.

I sit here with a roof over head, car in the drive, food in my belly, work that challenges me to be creative.

But I feel like this must be what it was like before the Nazis took over Germany, the Fascists Italy and KKK the South and beyond.

As a person who voted for Obama twice, and if anything my only small criticism was he didn't use his superior brain and quick wit more to push a progressive agenda farther, I am truly shocked of the backlash at a black man in the White House.

I knew we still had problems...but when he won two terms...I quite foolishly thought maybe we were turning the corner on equality and fair play.

I was dead wrong.

It wasn't a couple people hiding in the boonies, seething with hate.

It was upwards of half of this nation.

It is heartbreaking.

It is, without resistance, enough to break the spirit.

But that's what Trump and his brotherhood of bastards want.

So we must channel our fears into hope.

We must challenge this regime -- or things will get worse then when a person of color could "pay" for a sideways glance with the loss of life via lynching.

And that, cannot be our America.


It cannot be anyone's America.

No comments:

Post a Comment