Wednesday, October 22, 2014

MILESTONES

I TURN 50 TODAY


There I am with my wonderful wife, Heidi.

We're in New York in fall 2013, just before her major hip surgery.

The trip was the second half of our two-part 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

Part one was in Los Angeles.

In this photo at the Central Park Zoo,I feel that I look every bit of my half century on this planet.

Heidi looks a little travel-weary, but not more than a decade older than the 20 she was when we met at Kent State.

I'll write more about our great love in a future post.

We just got back from New Orleans, another of our favorite towns because of its history and sense of place.

I've been a bit slack about posting to this blog as often as a like.

We'll try to fix that soon, with some reviews of dining/drinking at Mother's, Arnaud's, Palace Cafe and Carousel Bar as well as some site reports on  the Presbytere, Cabildo, NOMA, WWII Museum, Insectarium and Aquarium in NOLA.

Speaking of this blog, it is nearing some milestones just like its founder.

We are nearing 60,000 readers.

Before 2014 is done, we will have more than 1,000 blog posts.

We have featured more than 100 essays, reviews and satire pieces by Heidi Johnson-Wright.

We have helped give birth to her EarthBound TomBoy blog, a prelude to her upcoming memoir.

Check her out at http://earthboundtomboy.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment