Saturday, February 25, 2017

RUMELI KAHVE & ÇIKOLATA


SIRKECI, FATIH, ISTANBUL

An open letter to these fine makers of chocolate:

I ate chocolate desserts, bought truffles for the road and had hot chocolate at your cafe 5 of the 10 days I was in Istanbul in September.

It was my first trip to the city and I'm so glad I accidentally got off the Tram at Sirkeci instead of Eminonu for the ferry docks.

I wandered into your store, was offered a sample and had more coffee/hot chocolate/snacks there than any place in town -- from the Old City to Golden Horn to Beyoglu to Asian side and beyond.

I am returning to the city in 2017. I purposely booked a small hotel in Sirkeci, just so I'd be a less than 5 minute walk from Rumeli -- for late breakfast, mid-day and even chocolate.

I cannot wait to return.


http://www.rumelicikolatacisi.com/en/homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment