Tuesday, June 13, 2017

NOTHING LIKE TURKISH HOSPITALITY


Snacking on homemade, special for Ramazan Tahini Helva.

Three different friends in Istanbul wrapped some for my trip home last weekend.

A longtime friend, fairly new acquaintance and brand new pal all gave me the gift of good food.

That is the true Muslim faith -- sharing, caring, hosting, observing centuries-old customs peacefully and warmly.

Please, America, do not confuse crazy/angry people who justify their bloodshed with some fringe tenant of religion....with the 99.9 percent of folks who just happen to call their god Allah.

With a delicious mouthful of helva, I feel the warmth of my dear friends in Turkey.

Thank you, my brothers who happen to be Muslim, for hosting a weary traveler and filling him with a lifetime of warmth, fellowship and great stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment