Friday, August 28, 2020

GOLDEN HOTEL CAIRO, EGYPT -- 4

3-Star Hotel that Offers 10-Star Service at Backpacker Prices


Anyone reading this instantly knows this was my first trip to Cairo.

To answer my own questions.

All of the core of Cairo is noisy. Traffic is some of the worst on earth and drivers (don’t believe me, watch the movie Cairo Drive) have their own language of endless horn honking.

Shops also are known for cranking up Egyptian Pop to draw customers – in harmony (cacophony?) with blaring car stereos.

Thankfully, the shops underneath my room had zero music at any time of day.

The car horns, yes, you could hear them even through the tightly-shut door to my balcony, but after my first night, I got used to them. 

They are only slightly crazier than New York.

http://goldenhotelegypt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment