Wednesday, November 22, 2023

5 WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL PROS

SHARE THEIR BEST “HACKS”


Sylvia Longmire 
Hack 3: portable ramp

Sylvia also travels with a portable extension ramp but cautioned that it is not for everyone because it weighs 8 pounds, costs a lot and is not covered by insurance.

Hack 4: a cool head

Being polite but firm when pressing a hotel manager to make up for promised access that isn’t there on arrival can win the day.

“I know what my options are.

I know how far I can press a hotel to try to help compensate me, and I’m not afraid to ask for compensation,” says Sylvia. 

Once, a hotel in Boston dropped the ball on an accessible room, and she negotiated for a pricier, more accessible room at another property across the street at their expense.


No comments:

Post a Comment