Monday, December 22, 2014

A TRIBUTE TO KEN WRIGHT 1935-2014 PART 10

MY DAD TAUGHT ME...TO CALL THE PLUMBER!


My grandpa was one of the greatest handymen in all the Great Lakes region. 

He built most of his own house and probably never paid a cent to a repair man, electrician or plumber -- because he could fix anything with his hands, no instruction booklet required.  

Dad, well, did NOT genetically inherit those skills. 

After a few broken faucets, fried electrical outlets and hammer smashed thumbs (with requisite high volume, multi-syllable cursewords that I'm pretty sure we were not allowed to repeat) -- dad proved the point that sometimes it’s best to dial the experts before even trying. Dad learned to dial the experts. 

I learned my lesson and never tried to grow up to be Mr. FixIt.  

I simply figured a way of selling enough prose and poetry to pay for the plumber.


This is a 12-day tribute to my dad, who died a few days before Thanksgiving this year, from his first-born son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment