Friday, June 7, 2019

RIAD TAGHAZOUTE, MEDINA, MARRAKECH, MOROCCO -- 5

GREAT VALUE, GREAT LOCATION, GOOD ROOM, GOOD STAFF -- 
PACK YOUR EAR PLUGS AND REQUEST A BETTER LOCK ON THE DOOR


XThe room had no safe, so I was concerned about my passport, camera and spare cash. 

I was assured there are cameras everywhere and the riad is so safe that many people leave their keys at the front desk each morning (within easy reach of other guests or whoever else walks in from the Medina. 

I really became concerned when I realized I could not lock the room properly. 

It is a very old (and beautiful) double door. 

You have to secure the one door with sliding levers so you can lock the other with the key. 

The second day, I bumped into the secured door...and that's all it took to move the levers -- the room door swung open without my even needing to turn the key. 

So I carried my cameras, extra cash and passport with me everywhere -- not ideal, but safer than risking it...once I realized any thief could subtly jostle the door enough to release the levers at will.

I confess, I did not bring this up to the staff during my stay.





1 comment:

  1. In spite of this situation in the Riad, it's great to go on a trip to Morocco, it's hard not to enjoy a trip to this beautiful country full of colors and striking landscapes. I'm looking forward to going there again soon. https://viajareamarruecos.com/

    ReplyDelete