Saturday, June 8, 2019

RIAD TAGHAZOUTE, MEDINA, MARRAKECH, MOROCCO - 6

GREAT VALUE, GREAT LOCATION, GOOD ROOM, GOOD STAFF -- 
PACK YOUR EAR PLUGS AND REQUEST A BETTER LOCK ON THE DOOR


The other catch at Taghazoute is noise. Marrakech is a noisy place. 

The street just a few paces from the riad was super noisy -- it's sort of part of the charm of being near the main square in the ancient Medina.

But there were lots of shop keepers and others talking in the little alley outside the riad. 

Also, was one floor above the check in area, right on the stair case. 

That meant even sounds from the desk person jabbering with neighborhood friends, plus other guests climbing the stairs -- were perfectly loud and clear to me.

I cranked up the fan on the AC -- not enough. Plugged in my white noise machine -- still tossed and turned. 

Finally, I found my industrial grade ear plugs. 

That and realizing the old Medina is not a quiet place till maybe 2 a.m. or later (I'm an early to bed, 10 p.m. guy) and just dealing with the local atmosphere -- finally made things tranquil. 

Some sound proofing would go a long way.

http://www.riad-taghazout.com/portal.php

No comments:

Post a Comment