Friday, November 15, 2019

UNICO ARGENTINA SUITES -- PART 3

FIVE STAR ACCOMMODATIONS IN AN HISTORIC PALAZZO
IN THE HEART OF ROME’S CENTRO STORICO




Authenticity is what I seek when I travel.


With all due respect to the chain hotels -- even the luxury brands and those that have tried to create hip, boutique-feeling flags within their brand -- I could go the rest of my life without checking into a cookie cutter hotel.

While Unico Argentina Suites is very close to historic sites, the feeling within the palazzo where it is located is totally authentic.

I made friends with a dog that quietly spent his morning on the neighboring apartment’s balcony.

Right before bedtime, I would step onto my small balcony and listen to opera wafting out of a top floor apartment.

I pictured an old, proper, balding man near 80 still playing classic LPs on a turntable.

A hardware store, fruit stand and other conveniences were housed in the ground floor retail units.

An old machine shop even took a ground floor space on the side alley part of the palazzo – but I never heard light industrial sounds past 5 p.m.

A locals-favorite restaurant and bar turned out fabulous food and drink – including fra diavola super thin and crispy Roman-style pizza.

Even though the joint was open till midnight, I never heard a peep in my room.



Message +0039 333 212  4626 on WhatsApp


No comments:

Post a Comment