Saturday, June 24, 2023

THRILLED TO BE WORKING WITH THE DOWNTOWN DETROIT PARTNERSHIP

THIS MONTH'S WALKING WORKSHOP AND 

UNIVERSAL DESIGN PRESENTATIONS ARE 

THE COMMENCEMENT OF A LONG COLLABORATION

I enjoyed every moment of my work on inclusive design and urban planning for all with the Downtown Detroit Partnership (DDP).

I was on the street in the urban core as the sun rose just before 6 a.m. on a Sunday.

I logged nearly 10 miles walked each day, as I marveled at the rebirth of Woodward Avenue and dozens of architecturally exquisite buildings that used to be abandoned.

I worked with outstanding DDP staff as I saw its programming of world class public space such at Campus Martius Park and the evolving Capitol Square Park.

I got insights on the future plans to revitalize Grand Circus Park.

During a pair of hourlong presentations to senior staff, I shared my thoughts on nearly two dozen good elements of downtown that could be made greater with better access for people with disabilities to transit, promenades, public spaces and wide sidewalks.

I look forward to future work on best practices with the DDP under the outstanding leadership of CEO Eric Larson and his staff.

The DDP celebrated its centennial last year.

Its mission is to cultivate economic and social impact in Downtown Detroit by connecting public, private and philanthropic sectors, providing stewardship of public spaces, and developing programs that engage and benefit all.

https://downtowndetroit.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment