Saturday, March 2, 2024

CALL ME THE KING OF ALL MEDIA

THE TITLE IS TAKEN? 

OK, KING OF ALL DISABILITY ADVOCACY MEDIA


The year is young, but I counting published articles, radio shows, documentaries, speeches, podcasts, webinars and workshops – I have been involved in nearly 100 media opportunities.

All have involved Universal Design and creating a better built environment for people with disabilities.

My workshops in 2023 took me to Western Europe, Central Asia and South America, as well as countless U.S. cities.

No opportunity to be an evangelist for design for all is too small.

Last year, the Miami Rotary cheered my presentation: A Better Built Environment – Without Breaking the Budget.

It combined my insights on better sidewalks, transit stops, crosswalks and connectivity – with my love of historic preservation and photography

The Rotary Club of Miami is the fifth oldest Rotary Club in Florida, chartered in 1917. Many of Miami’s founders were members. 

The history of the club is closely tied to Miami’s early founders. 


No comments:

Post a Comment