Saturday, July 28, 2012

SCUOLA DEL CUOIO -- PART 2



THE LEATHER SCHOOL IN FLORENCE'S
HISTORIC BASILICA SANTA CROCE
When my husband and I began planning a trip to Florence, Italy, I couldn’t wait to gaze upon Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus” and sample al dente pappardelle with wild boar ragu.

But I’m a die-hard fashionista. 

My focus is always unexpected bargains on beautiful things to wear and carry, including the occasional splurge.

Shortly after our arrival in Firenze, we took a stroll down Via Tornabuoni, and its side streets: the epicenter of Florentine haute couture.

Window shopping was delightful. I even summoned the courage to browse in the Pucci boutique. 

But even a modest purchase would have meant skipping a couple mortgage payments.

Not really an option.

So I quizzed several locals we made friends with. I asked about silk scarves, skirts and dresses. 

But the burning question was “where could I get a reasonable deal on a beautiful, well-crafted, Italian-made leather bag?”

FIRENZE FASHION CONTINUES TOMORROW -- 7-29

No comments:

Post a Comment