Monday, July 30, 2012

SCUOLA DEL CUOIO -- PART 4


THE LEATHER SCHOOL IN FLORENCE'S
HISTORIC BASILICA SANTA CROCE

Once inside, the air is thick with the warm smell of leather. Students toil away with leather and sharp instruments. 

You won’t confuse the place with a tony Ferragamo boutique, but the goods are attractively displayed in glass cases, and they are dazzling.

Every style of clutch, hand, shoulder and cross-body bag you can imagine in shades of tangerine, mustard, fuchsia, russet, sage, aquamarine and more. 

Many are ornamented with stones, beads, shells and fancy hardware. I could barely contain myself.

Then I spied what I’d traveled across the ocean for: a gorgeous, red calf leather, triple section medium Kelly. 

Shiny hardware with the name “Scuola del Cuoio” in tasteful cursive. 

Removable shoulder strap.

I asked to see it. 

Played with the latch. 

Touched it.

Inhaled. 

Bought it.

FIRENZE FASHION CONTINUES TOMORROW -- 7-30


No comments:

Post a Comment