Friday, February 12, 2016

HOTEL IBIS COPACABANA POSTO 2 -- RIO DE JANEIRO - 1



RUA MINISTRO VIVEIROS DE CASTRO, 134

Hotel Ibis Copacabana Posto 2 Rio de Janeiro exceeded my expectations and met my needs in every way.

Budget price, prime location, efficient room, quiet settings and responsive staff rounded out my checklist for lodging during my first visit to Rio.

Traveling alone without my wife, I didn’t want extravagant. I wanted something in the center of things that would respect my need for privacy and tranquility.

In a city famed for partying in a neighborhood known for late night dining, late night dancing, late night everything – a quiet comfortable room is not the easiest thing to find.

Couple that with the goal of paying less than $75 US per day, including all taxes and fees – at a modern property with 24 hour full service – and the choices shrink.

Thankfully, I had a great experience with Ibis Congreso in Buenos Aires – which also was perfectly-located, easy on the wallet and perfect for a 10 day, 9 night stay.

During the next five days, I’ll share the verdict on my big five checklist items.

No comments:

Post a Comment