Wednesday, February 17, 2016

HOTEL IBIS COPACABANA POSTO 2 -- RIO DE JANEIRO - 6



RESPONSIVE STAFF 

About the only negative I read in online reviews of the Ibis Copa Posto 2 were about a front desk perceived as aloof and lacking in English skills.

I found the opposite. 

Granted, the first person I talked to started giving off that “I know some English, but you are talking to fast, with too much slang and not enough context for me to keep up with” look. 

Quickly and politely they summoned a co-worker with English skills darn near as good as a native speakers.

Problem solved, warmly. 

I asked for an extra towel and flat sheet right at the front desk and they tossed them to me with a smile in a moment. 

I get up to my room and cannot find the converter I know I packed to give my phone charger access to power.

I go to the lobby. 

No problem, they hand my 3 converter plugs. 

Then I realize I forgot pack a step down transformer for my razor. 

Wow, I’m going to kill a couple hours hunting for one on the street and pay a big price for something I may not bring back home, I thought.

I sheepishly return to the same front desk crew and explain my situation.

Seconds later, a sturdy transformer is handed over to me to sign out for the duration of my stay – no cost at all. 

This is far above and beyond the amenities one would expect from a budget-minded property.

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-6497-ibis-copacabana-posto-2/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment