Tuesday, February 16, 2016

HOTEL IBIS COPACABANA POSTO 2 -- RIO DE JANEIRO - 5



QUIET SETTINGS 

When I checked in, my only request was a quiet room. 

The friendly front desk staffer asked if I wanted a higher floor, a lower or street or rear-facing room. 

The room that is the most tranquil, I answered each time. 

The person said I would be on the first (first one above ground floor lobby) floor.

I asked about street noises.

“This is the quietest street in Copa” the person said. 

He was not BSing.

Being on the first floor, I could be down one level and on the streets in no time. 

I heard a little bit of delivery truck sounds, but adjusted to it the first day. 

A two night guest on my eastern wall had the TV up a bit loud a bit late, but a white noise app on the phone masked that annoyance in no time.

I’m also big on privacy. 

Once I configure my pillow, extra bed sheet, luggage, belongings – I really don’t want anybody messing with it.

Ibis is probably the first hotel of the hundreds I’ve stayed with that actually respected the “do not make up room” sign for as long as I had it up. 

No maids knocking during nap town. 

No panicked call from the front desk twisting my arm for a housekeeping visit. 

The maids replenished the things I needed when I asked them for supplies in the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment