Saturday, February 13, 2016

HOTEL IBIS COPACABANA POSTO 2 -- RIO DE JANEIRO - 2



BUDGET PRICE  

I paid about $600 USD for nine nights’ stay, including taxes. Granted the exchange rate against the Brazilian Real is great, but this still is an amazing price for this caliber of property.

The price was about what you’d pay for a small Air BnB room without a private bath – and located many blocks from the action. 

The Ibis also had a cheap onsite breakfast buffet – about 5 bucks U.S. equivalent – but I was not that impressed with it.

Too many cold cuts and cold cereals. 

The Ibis Buenos Aires spoiled me with hot chocolate and medialunas worthy of a fine independent bakery café.

Oh well, you can’t have everything.

I still save a ton of money bringing back pastries and other local food and storing them in the dorm-sized fridge in the room. 

The Ibis was so cheap that for the first time in my life, I booked a day that I would not need for sleeping. 

Basically, I would have to go to the airport around 6 p.m. I wanted to nap, shower, change clothes and do my final packing for the plane. 

If I checked out at noon and had them stow my bags, I would not get those conveniences to gear up for nine hours on a plane. 

When I checked out, the front desk person asked me why I was leaving and I explained that rates were so favorable, I could afford to hold the room. 

He said I should have booked for a half day and offered a retroactive refund. 

I’ve not had that offered at $400 per night properties. I was amazed that the budget-centric Ibis would extend such a courtesy. 

I was processed in less than 5 minutes. 

The refund showed up in less than 5 days. 

That’s service.

No comments:

Post a Comment