Tuesday, May 8, 2018

MIAMI CONTRACTOR BLUES PART 1

(not our crawl space, just a gruesome photo I found online)

THE CRAWL SPACE

The handyman crawls into our godawful crawl space, where perhaps urban rats and roaches dwell in humidity bathed with pinhole leaking pipes.

Nearly 100-year-old pipes that also provide food in the form of kitchen grease ground up in the Insinkerator then served up via the cracked cast iron route to the main sanitary line.

So he says, after we summoned him telling him we’re pretty confident the ancient pipes are slowly leaking "you have some vermin down there.”

“Do you know every time you rinse the dishes, some of that crud feeds them? 

“And why, in the middle of the crawl space, is there some poured cement?”

“I mean, it looks like it's 60 years old, but…”

Wow.

Okay, I don't get enough exercise, but I'm pretty sure I don't look 60.

And since no one is a homeowner before being about 20, I'd have to been flippin’ 80 to have been the one who asked for some cement to be poured where just old dirt is supposed to be. 

So why on earth would you be asking me?

And since I told you when I made this appointment that I don't do work on the house, just why would I have crawled through the fat man's squeeze of a crawl space opening and waded through vermin droppings, to dump some concrete under my old house?


Am I the only one who gets asked so many stupid questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment