Saturday, May 12, 2018

MIAMI CONTRACTOR BLUES PART 5

PLUMBER FULL OF SH-- FIRED BEFORE HE MAKES IT TO OUR HOUSE



In part 1, we met a plumber who was not only late, but lying about how close he was. Now he tries to move the appointment, further screwing us over.

My phone rings again nearly an hour after I lost money by leaving work early to make it home to a no-show plumber.

“Mr. Wright. Could we do this Friday night or Saturday?   You see, it’s bumper to bumper on the Turnpike and I don’t understand why..."

I interrupt….you don’t understand why. Do you have a brain injury?

It’s always bumper to bumper on the Turnpike out that way.

Pretending you are shocked that there is heavy traffic during rush hour is like telling me you walked out into four feet deep water in the bay and can’t figure out why your clothes are wet.

 “Bear with me. I’ll do right by you.”

I’m broiling angry. I don’t want Friday or Saturday – I want the day I scheduled. Get your ass here today I say.

Another 20 minutes pass, then the moron of the plumbing industry calls.

“Mr. Wright I can’t make it. You see, I have a brand new customer in Doral and if I come to you, I’ll have to cancel him. And he’s right off the Turnpike, so it makes more sense for me to keep out west on it and get to him today.”

Wow. So not only could you not call me to tell me you were running super late…you were such a big wimp, you kept hoping, on each call, that I’d cancel/postpone and somehow it would be my fault, not yours.

Well, guess what, I’m ready to reschedule for next week, Mr. Plumber. But here’s how it’s going to work. 

I left work 90 minutes early. That’s money left on the table that I’ll never get back – because of you.

So when you get here and do the estimate, it will deduct the first 90 minutes of your fees.

You rob me of 1.5 hours pay, I do the same to you. It’s called fair play.

“Now Mr. Wright, I think we’re getting off on the wrong foot here. Maybe you need someone else. You sound like my three ex-wives (the guy’s under 40, but is it any surprise three spouses have dumped the loser?). I think we should just go our separate ways and…”

That I should never hire you, I agree.  But since you cost me money by not even having the common courtesy to give me heads up that you were super late and wanted to reschedule, I’m going to punish you.

“Mr Wright, is that a threat?”

Why no, Jose my new friend, it’s a vow to post the real story about you on every consumer website that I can find.

I will warn people: if you want to take off work and waste your time and money and be lied to and worse, do business with Jose.

I sincerely hope I cost you at least $1k in lost business...you selfish horse's ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment