Sunday, October 30, 2016

HALLOWEEN EARLY


ISTANBUL DREAMS

My Birthday gift came almost two months early.

A trip to Istanbul.

To spread the gospel of Universal Design and enhanced wheelchair access to hoteliers and others.

I stayed at a great hotel.

The Hotel Niles is outstanding in every way, except for ADA access.

But it is very quiet there.

It's in a garment district.

So when the sewing machines shut down around 9 p.m., it gets nice and quiet.

The Niles is fairly new, so no sightings of ghosts in the halls.

However, I did have a constant haunting in my dreams.

Not really an ominous haunting.

Kind of a fun, spoken word with clove cigarettes and cheap whiskey session on a cold NE Ohio night type of haunting.

It revolved around naked sirens.

Then weird babies.

Cherubic figures that would ruin any chances of a the kind of dream that should feature a visit by a trio of sirens.

It wasn't till I got home and started editing the 1,000 digital images that I took each day..

...did I find the inspiration for these dreams that started with heavenly fantasies but always ended with the shaming baby dream police putting the kibosh on.

--   ¡UN CHISTE PARA LA GENTE PARA DIA DE LOS MUERTOS!


No comments:

Post a Comment