Friday, October 7, 2016

HOTEL NILES ISTANBUL

PERFECT TRANQUIL LOCATION NEAR GRAND BAZAAR AND BEYAZIT TRAM STOP
part 6


To prove I'm not a paid reviewer or family member of Hotel Niles' ownership-management team, I will share the very few negatives.

First, it is a very steep walk up to the main street and tram stop.

It's not far, but folks with mobility or respiratory issues may not be able to go up and down the steep, cobbled side street.

Second, and this because I'm married to a wheelchair user, the Niles is not wheelchair-accessible.

There are a few steps to get inside the property.

The fabulous terrace, for breakfast and then drinks in the evening, is up several steps.

The elevator, which stops a half floor short of the rooftop, is very small -- too small for some wheelchair users.

That said, the Niles does not pretend to be an accessible hotel, so zero bait and switch on access.

And sadly, it is in the vast majority.

I'd say 95 out of 100 mom and pop-sized hotels do not have wheelchair access.

It's a shame and it's something that I'd love to work to change.

Until then, I cannot stay at Niles when I return to Istanbul with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment