Sunday, October 2, 2016

HOTEL NILES ISTANBUL

PERFECT TRANQUIL LOCATION NEAR GRAND BAZAAR AND BEYAZIT TRAM STOP
part 1

This was my first trip to Istanbul, a city with hundreds of hotels in dozens of interesting neighborhoods.

I was overwhelmed, but stumbled on Hotel Niles in a glowing Frommers review.

Then I found the TurkeyTravelPlanner website and found another endorsement.

TripAdvisor devotees also gave high rankings -- so how could I go wrong?

Thank goodness I picked this hotel -- and reached out to owner Deniz Duyar and manager Kemal Celik a month prior to arriving.

They helped me plan my itinerary, had a museum card waiting for me and answered my specific and quirky questions with ease and professionalism.

When I met them, they were even better in person.

Apple tea was awaiting my weary soul after a 12-hour, 7-time zone flight.

Deniz even walked me up to the T-1 tram station near Beyazit Square and helped me load a transit pass (Niles already had the smart card for me) with some money.

He rode to Sultanahmet Square with me, got me oriented and gave me his cell number.

What a great way of getting oriented after flying halfway around the world.

I usually have trouble adjusting/sleeping the first night, but slumbered like a baby at Niles

No comments:

Post a Comment