Sunday, January 22, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season

For an old dog who grew up in a world of cookie cutter Holiday Inns, Marriotts and Hiltons, airbnb was a bit of a leap for me.

On one hand, the idea of saving tons of money and having a non corporate cookie cutter place to sleep sounded great.

On the other, there was that hint of trepidation -- what if the place was loud, or dirty, or far from the having the comfortable bed as advertised?

Like most airbnb devotees, I found zero pitfalls and dozens of positives with my stay in Key West.

My maiden voyage on the good ship airbnb was a better experience than I've had at many of those $300 to $400 per night soulless rooms in chain hotels.

The captain for my voice was Silvia, a delightful host who was more accommodating than many of the full-fledged (not airbnb listed) Bed and Breakfast innkeepers that have hosted me over the years.

I was in a reflective mood in the middle of a week in between leaving a terrible employer and starting with a new, wonderful, understanding employer.

My wife suggested that I take an overnight trip somewhere within driving distance of our Little Havana home.

No comments:

Post a Comment