Monday, January 23, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S -- part 2


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season

Naturally, folks in Miami in January think of the fabulous Florida Keys.

The only problem is that half of the Great Lakes, New England and other frigid regions also think of the Keys in general and Key West in specific this time of year.

I knew when I checked the usual booking sites for standard hotels, that I would be looking at paying about $200 a night including taxes for a dump.

If I wanted a nice place, I'd pay upwards of $300 while leaving my poor wife behind to finish a project at her job.

I even checked a zillion standard Bed and Breakfasts for the smallest, windowless, shared bath room and found few options much below $200.

Finally, my thoughts drifted back to airbnb...which I had tried to use for a brief weekend in Manhattan, but found that every person with a room in an area I wanted to stay at was already booked for the Memorial Day 2011 weekend.

I figured the booked out rooms -- some with only air mattress and not a private room -- spoke highly of airbnb.

No comments:

Post a Comment