Friday, January 27, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S -- part 6


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season

I told her didn't have the heart to drink up her prized stash of gourmet chocolate, but her kind offer showed what kind of super star host she is.

I left my bag of clothes and toiletries in the condo (my room could not be locked from the outside) having zero concerns for safety or security of my belongings.

We chit chatted more about off the beaten path things in Key West (I'm an aficionado of great fish shacks, architecture and taverns not visited by the cruise ship and weekend warrior masses.)

Silvia gave me a key to her entire condo and basically said I could hang out on the balcony, use the kitchen....do just about anything aside from hanging out in her master bedroom instead of napping in my appointed guest room (one of two in her cozy apartment).

When I mentioned that my wife is a wheelchair user who requires a separate bed from mine, Silvia showed me the second guest bedroom and said we should come back down together.

Usually, unique apartments do not serve disabled travelers, but with plenty of disabled-reserved parking at her condo complex, more than one elevator to serve access needs and our simple packing of a portable bath bench for low-sided tub shower, I truly think we could turn Silvia's place into a wheelchair accessible getaway for half to one third the price of a similar-sized hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment