Thursday, January 26, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S -- part 5


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season


It also had extra linens and a nice TV set.

The full bath was right next door to my room and had a lock for privacy.

The living room in the common area had a huge flat screen with tons of cable channels. Silvia welcomed me to watch the tube at any hour, saying she could sleep through house guest noises.

She also welcomed me to free bottled water and other goodies in her fridge. It really was the my house is your house kind of old European welcome.

Right off the bat, Silvia even said she could let me back into her place on Friday -- many hours after my official check out -- to shower.

Many folks on the ferry like to snorkel in the Tortugas and she knew showering off the salt water and changing clothes would be good for my comfort before my final dinner in the Keys and northward drive back to Miami.

When I joked that I make as good a cup of Spanish hot chocolate as any hillbilly anglo who ever ventured to espana, Silvia opened her cupboard and offered a package of premium chocolate from mother Spain for my stovetop handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment