Saturday, January 28, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S -- part 7


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season

I liked Silvia so much, I even looked her up at the restaurant where she works -- cutting back through to say howdy and to share the details of my roaming.

I knew I'd go directly to bed when I got back to her place and I would leave early in the morning, so I went out of my way to bond with my hostess -- I liked her that much.
When I did get back around 9, Silvia had already gotten home and she again offered snacks, use of all common areas and a healthy stocking up of her bottled water for my daylong ferry journey to a little spit of land 70 miles off Key West.

The shower was clean and the warm water was endless.

The best part was the bed.

I should have asked her what kind of mattress was in my room.

I'm a stickler for comfort and have a pretty expensive bed set in my historic Miami home....but Silvia's guest room bed was dreamy comfortable.

I'm usually one of those people who toss in turn the first night in a strange place.

I could be restless in the presidential suite of the Mexico City St. Regis, so I wondered about how well I'd rest at Silvia's -- no reflection of her, just of who I am when I'm on the road the first night.

No comments:

Post a Comment