Wednesday, January 25, 2012

AN OUTSTANDING & AFFORDABLE PRIVATE ROOM IN KEY WEST AT SILVIA'S -- part 4


Air B&B Host Delivers Quiet & Clean Room for Slightly More than $100 in High Season

In very short notice, in very high season for Keys travel, I had a clean and safe room booked at a price point that didn't make me feel guilty for burning the budget on solo, soul-soothing travel.


I emailed Silvia for more details and mentioned I'd like to check in early if possible. She said no problem and also gave me very easy directions to her condo community.

The next morning, I made great time driving from Miami and arrived at the edge of Key West about 10:30 a.m.

I phoned and Silvia was ready to help.

She showed me both the stairs and elevator and welcomed me into her spacious 3rd floor condo.

The place, including common areas, was immaculately clean and featured smart, simple decor.

It turned out Silvia is from Spain, my favorite place on earth, and we shared stories about espana and my so-so ability to speak Spanish (gringos don't worry -- Silvia speaks perfectly English, with just hint of charming Valencia accent.)]

She showed my small, but efficient room.

I could lock the door from the inside for privacy when napping or sleeping and it had enough storage space for 10 times the amount of light luggage that I packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment