Sunday, August 5, 2012

LA CUCINA DEL GARGA -- PART 5



OCTOPUS AND OTHER SEA DELIGHTS SO 
FRESH AND FANTASTIC THAT YOU'LL SWEAR FLORENCE MUST BE A SEASIDE CITY
I opted for composta tiepida di mare -- a mix of sautéed boneless seafood salad served warm with cherry tomatoes and celery.

My bountiful warm seafood salad had octopus, squid, mussels, clams and more.

I thought I had scored the most delightful Italian seafood in all the nation....until my wife Heidi shared a bit of her main dish.

Her polpo piccante alla piastra con fagioli saltati --
Seared marinated spicy octopus served over sautéed beans -- was to die for.

If my meal deserved a letter grade of A, hers was A+++.
Never have I had octopus so spicy and so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

Living in Miami, we eat a lot of octopus (pulpo in Little Havana's espanol, polpo in the Italiano of Firenze), so we know the good stuff from a meal that would better serve as live bait.

LA CUCINA DEL GARGA REVIEW
CONTINUES TOMORROW -- AUGUST 6




No comments:

Post a Comment